terms and conditions
Covid - 19 Policy
During these unprecedented times the below terms and conditions apply – booking retainers are non refundable. They are taken in order to secure your booking.
However they can be held to be used for future events either with the original order or can be negotiated to be used for an alternate order.
If in any case The Little Box of Goodies has to cancel the order – all payments will be refunded within 24 hours of cancellation.
All bookings are provisional until a retainer fee is paid.
A deposit of 50% is required to secure orders – refund will only be made at the discretion of the business. Orders cancelled at short notice (less than one week) will result in the full cost of the order being due, as work on decorations may well have been carried out in preparation and others orders will have been refused in light of the order already placed.
Full payment for celebration cakes/cupcakes/cookies is required no later than 2 weeks before the date of collection.
If you wish to make changes to a celebration cake order, this must be done at least 2 weeks before the cake is due, or otherwise at the discretion of the business and this will be expressly stated in an amendment to the contract.
- Every care will be taken when making our products to ensure they do not come into contact with allergens such as nuts, wheat and dairy when they are not required in the product. However, our products are made on premises where these allergens are used and therefore we cannot guarantee there will be traces.
Should there be an issue where the cake decorator is unable to complete your order, for example, hospitalisation the full cost of the cake will be refunded.
Once cakes have been delivered safely or collected, responsibility for the care of that cake falls to the customer. If the care instructions are not followed, the cake decorator cannot be held liable for any problems that may occur
Sugarpaste Cakes should be stored in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight in the box provided. Sugarpaste will sweat if it has been in the fridge and brought back to room temperature or it has been placed in an airtight container. Sweating that include fondant work should be stored in the cardboard box it was delivered in with a lid.
Sponge cakes should be eaten within the date mentioned on the cake information sheet and can be stored in the box they were collected in during this time. Leftovers should be wrapped in cling film and stored in the fridge for upto 3 days.
Some decorations on the cake may not be edible and these will be listed on the cake information sheet provided. These need to be removed, with care, prior to the cake being eaten and can be kept as a keepsake if so required. Model figures and sugar flowers should not be stored in air tight containers as they will lose their shape.
If an image is supplied for design I will do my best to complete as closely as possible however colours may vary due brands used, colours on screens can differ between devices, and some requiring slight changes due to copyright and design requirements – each cake artist has their own style you can view the pictures in my Facebook/Instagram gallery to get an idea of mine. Text may also differ. I do not make models of people or characters.
Please note that cookies are individually bubble wrapped securely to prevent damage in transit.
First class signed for delivery is not a Guaranteed service so if you require delivery on a specific date please choose the tracked delivery option. Delivery is via APC and can be tracked.
- Every effort is made to remove any egg shell that may fall into the cake mix, but we cannot guarantee that a tiny piece may be missed and will not accept responsibility for this. Egg shell is in no way harmful if consumed, but should you believe that the cake is inedible then the whole cake should be returned and a 50% refund against this will be made if it can be confirmed as inedible.
- The business follows all food hygiene guidelines and fills out all appropriate documentation and is registered with the Local Authority and holds a 5 star FSA rating.
- Once an order has been collected/delivered the business cannot be held responsible for any damage caused. You will have been provided with the appropriate guidance and boxes etc to ensure you get the best from the cakes.
- Any issues when the cake has been tasted should be brought to our attention within 24 hours. However, if more than one third has been eaten, then no resolution will be available. The cake will need to be brought back to us in order for discussion of resolutions to take place
The Little Box of Goodies does not share or sell your information to any 3rd party and only those involved in the processing of your order will need access to the information. All information is kept securely and I am the only person that views this. I won’t share personal info unless legally obliged to do so, I will hold on to your details for the HMRC.
If at any time you want me to delete your information, please let me know as this is your right.
The information you provide when you place an order is not kept any longer than is necessary and destroyed in a responsible manner.